Corporate Social Responsibility
At Credit Corporation we are proud to play a role in contributing to community organisations and worthwhile causes which are important to our Group, our customers, and our people in PNG and throughout the Pacific.We have supported our vision by participating in numerous community events throughout the year. Some of our areas of focus in FY18 included health, youth development, sports, education, empowerment of women and the environment. Credit Corporation contributed a total of K230,000 to community projects across PNG and the Pacific.
Some of the organisations and initiatives we supported this year included:
Charities and NGOs
- Honiara Rotary
- PNG Highland
- Earthquake Appeal
- Helena Goldie Hospital Appeal
- International Women’s Association (Fiji)
- Fiji Red Cross
- Foundation of Needy Children (Fiji)
- Rotary (Fiji);• Badili Club
- Soroptimist International Lae
- Transparency International
- Proactive Mamas (Vanuatu)
Sport and culture
- Honiara High School Rugby Tournament
- Credit Corporation Sparrows Netball – Major Sponsor
- Pukpuks Rugby – Sponsor
- Lote Bige Rugby Tournament
- Lae Open Squash Tournament
- Frangipani Festival – Rabaul
- Vanuatu Golf Open
- Vanuatu Paralympic Committee.
Business, Science and Education
- Leadership Fiji Program
- USP Medal & Prize – Most Outstanding Bachelor of Commerce Graduate
- USP Graduate School of Business
- POMIS Science Fair
- Leadership Fiji Alumni Project.
In FY18, our staff were also engaged in a number of community activities including assisting in the West Flood Appeal in Fiji and hosting a Cancer Awareness Morning tea with $5,570.00 donated to Fiji Cancer Society. Credit Corporation staff also provided lunch to St Christopher’s Orphanage and the Golden Age Home in Natabua, Fiji.